1/28/2009

” SPIRITUAL COURIOSITY”

About my” SPIRITUAL COURIOSITY”---a “THANK YOU”

And a few ADDITIANAL THOUGHTS

My Dear Spiritual Companions,

I am often asked, “How is it that you have such an interest in the various denominations and religions?” Or more often it’s “what church do you believe in?”

There was a period of time when I was asking myself the same thing.

Somewhere along in my spiritual journey came an answer.

First, I came to realize that my “spiritual curiosity” was a gift from God.

Since then, and during all these years, I have learned that many in all the various faiths love God and one another to a degree worth emulating.

For me personally, I am grounded in the “inclusive” message of the New Testament.

I have also found solitude; silence and prayer have been effective paths toward self-knowledge and have helped to bring me in touch with my inner center. This is the place where God dwells in each of us.

I also fully understand and realize that a formative spiritual life is a communal progress and to experience soul nurturance apart from spiritual companionship is quite inconceivable.

So, right here and now I want to thank you all for being a part of my life and letting me be a part of yours.

Your Fellow Sojourner Al

THOUGHTS

Jesus said, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." --John 14:23

At many Christian funerals, the preacher emphasizes how Jesus has left to make a place ready for us to join him in heaven. Then he is going to come back for us. But just a few verses later, Jesus adds this promise. He's telling us that until we can come be with him at his place, he will come live with us here in our hearts. It all hinges on one thing, our willingness to obey him. Not a bad deal is it. So let's not let obedience be a forgotten word in our lifestyle!

For churches to get along, sometimes their leaders must remind them about unity, using the authority of the One who made his dying prayer a prayer for unity. We must work together or perish.

God will not forget us when we're in trouble or when we are old. We may outlive our friends and be forgotten by those who know us, but God will never leave us or forsake us. He will sustain, carry, protect, and rescue us.

Being depressed and dissatisfied with life can be caused by a myriad of things. But for many of us, these are symptoms that we have focused too much on ourselves and are angry with life. We have forgotten to count our blessings, thank and praise God, and help those around us.

PRAYER Dear Lord, in these troubled times make your presence known to all people in all faiths around the world so that they may see peace as the only way.

Bless all efforts to promote friendship among all nations. Cause us to recognize our own faults and shortcomings. O God accept this prayer and bring this to pass. Amen

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment