3/27/2009

LET'S HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS


"Universal laws are always in force whether you believe in them or not." Brian Tracy
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. Robert Louis Stevenson
Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it. Swedish proverb
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among
the things only hoped for. Epicurus
I sometimes wonder whether all pleasures are not substitutes for joy. C. S. Lewis
Focus, not on the rudenesses of others, not on what they've done or left undone, but on what you have & haven't done yourself. Dhammapada
It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kindness makes a fellow feel good, whether it’s being done to him or by him. Frank A. Clark
The more a man knows, the more he forgives. Confucius
Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past. Landrum Bolling
There is always a certain peace in being what one is, in being that completely. Ugo Betti
None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone. Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day. Alexander Woollcott
God gave us memories that we might have roses in December. James M. Barrie
The right time to show your good character is when you are pestered by somebody weaker than you. Buddha
Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can. John Wesley
Knowledge can be fully given to man only in a Person, never in a doctrine. Faith is not the holding of correct doctrine, but personal fellowship with the living God. William Temple

A short personal comment:
In my Bible study I have observed that the prophets had no patience with an unredeemed nation. And I’ve also noted that a common historical pattern in the Bible was that Israel was punished whenever the leaders turned away from the devout worship of God. I’m wondering in this post; do you see a resemblance in our nation’s recent past and our present crisis with this Biblical observation?
I will add here, as I’m sure many of you will agree with, our only hope for our nation and the world is
2 Chronicles 7:14 “ If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

I pray Shalom to all
who read this

No comments:

Post a Comment